About Me

I'm a teacher who is still quite new to poetry writing. I hope you enjoy reading them as much as I enjoyed writing them and I'd welcome any comments or thoughts you may have.

Sunday 23 September 2007

Workouts That Work.

I love gyms. I've been using them now since I was about ten years old. I've been a member of back street spit n' sawdust boxers' gyms, right up to £1200 p.a. members places, so I feel fairly well qualified to comment.

The one thing that continues to amaze me, is just how few women use free-weights and resistance machines and relentlessly pound away on the C.V stuff for hours on end. I can only assume it's the female fear of becoming muscular and thus "manly".

If this post gets a few hits, I might expand on this a little and include a bit of advice on resistance exercise, based on my own experiences. I definitely believe it's an untapped resources for female gym users. Especially those looking to train smarter not harder. Watch this space.



No comments: