About Me

I'm a teacher who is still quite new to poetry writing. I hope you enjoy reading them as much as I enjoyed writing them and I'd welcome any comments or thoughts you may have.

Thursday 4 October 2007

Mixamatosis - Don't Ignore It!

Today was a sad day in our house. It began with one of our rabbits developing what looked like an eye infection and ended with the poor thing having to be put to sleep. Fortunately our other rabbit seems OK and has now been vaccinated. However, this is apparently no guarantee of protection from the disease.

Surprisingly it isn't passed from rabbit to rabbit. It is spread by biting insects that carry the disease.

So if you've got bunnies, get them sorted, especially with all the wet and warm weather around this year. The bugs just love it.

R.I.P
Honey.
Died 3.10.07

No comments: