About Me

I'm a teacher who is still quite new to poetry writing. I hope you enjoy reading them as much as I enjoyed writing them and I'd welcome any comments or thoughts you may have.

Wednesday 10 October 2007

460 CC Driver Review.

I've just bought myself a whopping 460cc Cube driver by Dunlop. Apparently it's worth £99 but I know the £30 I paid for it is more realistic. It looks and feels like a good club, although it is definitely at the budget end of the market.

Anyway, I went a gave it a whack today and to be honest, if all these drivers are like this one, there are not all that great. It's a very light club, but the air resistance on the face as you make a downswing makes it feel as if you're swinging through custard. I was knackered after hitting only a few balls!

It didn't add any distance to my drives either. If anything they came up a little shorter.

I'm much better with the Taylor Made driver I also use. It's obviously a better club and a lot more expensive. With that I can make a full blooded swing and still keep it fairly straight. So my advice is - get yourself a quality driver, learn to use it and stick with it.

(If you've got a driver that genuinely gives you longer tee shots - let me know)

No comments: