About Me

I'm a teacher who is still quite new to poetry writing. I hope you enjoy reading them as much as I enjoyed writing them and I'd welcome any comments or thoughts you may have.

Friday 10 April 2009

INSET (In-Service Training)

Let me begin by saying that yes, we will be
finishing early. I am also conscious of time and I

know how busy you all are, I haven’t forgotten what
it’s like to be in the classroom so I’ll make

a start. If at any point you would like to
chip in, please do. This will work much better as

a two-way dialogue, rather than just me talking at
you. And if I repeat myself stop me, turn the

page, grab me from behind and hook a palm over
my mouth. Drag me into a dark alley and

tell me to shut up. I really won’t be offended.
Now if you would like to go off into your

groups to discuss that, I’ll be taking feedback in…
shall we say… five minutes?

No comments: